There are many ways to find local food, farm stores and farmers markets near you. As eaters, we can all vote with our fork and use our dollars to support Oregon family farmers and ranchers producing socially and environmentally responsible food.
Oregon Local Food Guides and Websites
- Oregon Pasture Network Pasture-Raised Product Guide – Oregon’s only guide to 100% pasture-raised animal products
- Douglas County has published the ‘Think Local Umpqua’, a guide to local food and independent business.
- Food for Oregon OSU Extension’s database with hundreds of local and regional community food resources.
- FoodHub, a program of Ecotrust, connects wholesale buyers to sellers/producers across Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. Basic membership is free.
- Gorge Grown Food Network supports sustainable food farming and distribution in the Columbia River Gorge.
- In Central Oregon, the High Desert Food & Farm Alliance’s Food & Farm Directory connects farmers, ranchers, farmers’ markets, local restaurants, institutions, grocers and consumers in their
- Lane Local Foods — Locally produced fruits, vegetables, cheese, meats, and breads all in one online marketplace and you can also search the Willamette Food and Farm Coalition‘s Locally Grown directory.
- North Coast Food Guide — Find local farms, fisheries, producers, farm stands, farmers markets, community gardens.
- Farmers and markets are included in Northeast Oregon Regional Farmers’ Markets Guide.
- Oregon Farmers’ Market Association lists all farmers’ markets registered with them in Oregon.
- The Rogue Flavor Directory and Campaign, also from THRIVE! can connect you to local growers and businesses.
- Find growers that are part of the Siskiyou Sustainable Coop and CSA in Southern Oregon.
- Southeast Oregon Regional Food Bank has put together a Local Food Guide and Community Cook Book, a guide to buying local, eating fresh and cooking healthy.
- Eastern Oregon Food and Farm Directory
- Ten Rivers Food Web is building an on-line Local Foods Directory for Benton, Linn and Lincoln Counties.
Other Directories — National and Specialized
- Eat Well Guide — Plug in your zip code and see what turns up! Farmers, get listed!
- Weston A. Price Foundation — Find real milk producers.
- Local Harvest — find locally grown food anywhere in the country.
- Know Your Farmer, Know Your Food — USDA’s resource with organizations around the nation that connect eaters to local food, grants, and resources.
- Start a “Buy Fresh, Buy Local” chapter in your community with help from the Food Routes toolkit.
- Find recipes, news and information at the Sustainable Table.
Sustainable and Certified Producers
- Search Oregon Tilth’s directory of certified organic producers.
- Salmon Safe certifies farmers who adopt practices that protect water quality and native salmon.
- Food Alliance is a third party certifier of sustainable farms, ranches and food handlers.
- The Animal Welfare Approved label shows that your meat has been produced humanely by family farmers.
- List of Certified Naturally Grown producers in Oregon and nationally
Friends of Family Farmers provides these resources solely for educational purposes. Friends of Family Farmers neither favors nor endorses any of the organizations listed on this website, nor are they responsible for any incorrect information that is listed on the hyperlinked external sites.