- This event has passed.
Grazing, Soils, and Pastures: An Intensive 3-Day Workshop
June 13 @ 6:00 pm - June 15 @ 5:00 pm
June 13th – June 15th, 2019
Beavercreek Grange, Oregon City
The Oregon Pasture Network (OPN) is a program of Friends of Family Farmers designed to support the growth of pasture-based agriculture in our state. The OPN is partnering with Dr. Woody Lane of Lane Livestock Services to offer this 3-Day Intensive Workshop on Grazing, Soils, and Pastures at the Beavercreek Grange in Oregon City.
This course is open to everyone, but members of the OPN get an exclusive discount. OPN members need to email OPN@friendsoffamilyfarmers.org for the discount code. If you would like to apply to join the OPN, please visit this page for more info and complete the online application here.
$100 for the full 3-day workshop
$80 for full workshop for Oregon Pasture Network members
- How to set up a grazing system
- When to open the gate
- When to move animals off a pasture
- How to identify & manage common forages
- How to sample soils and use the soil test numbers
- Which forages are best for different purposes
- How to gauge the nutritional value of forages
- Which fertilizers to use and when to apply them
Thursday, June 13th, 6 – 9pm, includes light refreshments
Friday, June 14th, 9am – 5pm, includes lunch & pasture walk
Saturday, June 15th, 9am – 5pm, includes lunch & pasture walk
Plus one online video class session in July to review soil tests. Exact date to be determined.