There are many online guides and organizations that can help you find nearby food, farmers and markets. As eaters, we can all vote with our fork by using our dollars to support Oregon’s family farmers who are producing food in a way that is both socially and environmentally responsible.
Oregon Local Food Guides and Websites
- The Central Oregon Food Network — Connects agricultural producers to their community
- Central Oregon Locavore is a CSA drop site and marketplace for fresh and sustainably produced local foods in Central Oregon.
- Columbia Plateau Food Link — A local food and farm guide to Umatilla, Morrow, Gilliam, and Wheeler Counties.
- The Coos County Local Food Guide — Lists producers and processors of local food, as well as stores and restaurants that sell locally produced food in the area. You can search the guide by product or by area.
- Corvallis Local Foods — Brings fresh, healthy, local food to buyers in the Corvallis area.
- Curry Foods — Connects producers of high-quality, local foods with consumers who want to know where their food comes from and how their food was produced.
- Douglas County has published the ‘Think Local Umpqua’, a guide to local food and independent business. Find the farms, ranches, markets and restaurants that are part of the Gorge Grown Food Network.
- Food for Oregon OSU Extension’s database with hundreds of local and regional community food resources.
- FoodHub, a program of Ecotrust, connects wholesale buyers to sellers/producers across Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. Basic membership is free.
- Gorge Grown Food Network supports sustainable food farming and distribution in the Columbia River Gorge.
- High Desert Food & Farm Alliance connects farmers, ranchers, farmers’ markets, local restaurants, institutions, grocers and consumers in their Food & Farm Directory.
- Lane Local Foods — Locally produced fruits, vegetables, cheese, meats, and breads all in one online marketplace and you can also search the Willamette Food and Farm Coalition‘s Locally Grown directory.
- North Coast Food Guide — Find local farms, fisheries, producers, farm stands, farmers markets, community gardens.
- Farmers and markets are included in Northeast Oregon Regional Farmers’ Markets Guide.
- Oregon Farmers’ Market Association lists all farmers’ markets registered with them in Oregon.
- The Rogue Flavor Directory and Campaign, also from THRIVE! can connect you to local growers and businesses.
- Find growers that are part of the Siskiyou Sustainable Coop and CSA in Southern Oregon.
- Southeast Oregon Regional Food Bank has put together a Local Food Guide and Community Cook Book, a guide to buying local, eating fresh and cooking healthy.
- Ten Rivers Food Web is building an on-line Local Foods Directory for Benton, Linn and Lincoln Counties.
Other Directories — National and Specialized
- Eat Well Guide — Plug in your zip code and see what turns up! Farmers, get listed!
- Weston A. Price Foundation — Find real milk producers.
- Local Harvest — find locally grown food anywhere in the country.
- Know Your Farmer, Know Your Food — USDA’s resource with organizations around the nation that connect eaters to local food, grants, and resources.
- Start a “Buy Fresh, Buy Local” chapter in your community with help from the Food Routes toolkit.
- Find recipes, news and information at the Sustainable Table.
Sustainable and Certified Producers
- Search Oregon Tilth’s directory of certified organic producers.
- Salmon Safe certifies farmers who adopt practices that protect water quality and native salmon.
- Food Alliance is a third party certifier of sustainable farms, ranches and food handlers.
- The Animal Welfare Approved label shows that your meat has been produced humanely by family farmers.
Friends of Family Farmers provides these resources solely for educational purposes. Friends of Family Farmers neither favors nor endorses any of the organizations listed on this website, nor are they responsible for any incorrect information that is listed on the hyperlinked external sites.