Search the iFarm Oregon database here>>
The average age of farmers in Oregon is 58 years old. Without a plan to get new farmers onto the land, with access to education, financing and markets, we stand to lose 25-50% of the land that is currently in agriculture production. In response, Friends of Family Farmers is developing a land and resource connection service with an online database that will help us grow our own next generation of family farmers. For our growing list of iFarm success stories, click here>>
Want to participate? Where to start…
- New and Young Farmers, find out how the program works, download our Landseeker Document in English or Spanish, search for our latest land listings, as well as jobs and training opportunities on our website or twitter, and check out additional resources that will help you to start farming. Also find out about FarmON!, the Oregon chapter of the National Young Farmers Coalition.
- Experienced Farmers and Agricultural Landholders, find the proper document to list your lease or sale of your property, or an investment or partnership opportunity or find resources to help with farm transition.
- Potential Employers, contact us to list a job: email@example.com
- Agricultural Educators and Service Providers, find out more about how this program can help you promote your classes, services, resources and opportunities for new and young farmers.
- Jobs! For a full list of openings for jobs in food and farming fields, click here>>>
- For the latest jobs, training opportunities, land postings and more, follow our twitter feed, ifarmoregon.
Please check back often!
This program relies on you to be proactive in finding good matches from what is in the database. Some day we would love to have this program have the funding to provide more one-on-one services, but until then, please check back often! You can also monitor our twitter feed at www.twitter.com/ifarmoregon for the latest entries. Please contact the Friends of Family Farmers office at 503.759.FARM or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to add your posting to the database.